Crime Prevention is our community's number one priority and it will be mine. Violent crimes and property crimes in Lakewood have been on the rise in recent years. I am committed to supporting our police officers with compensation that is designed not only to recruit but also to retain our best and brightest. We know what works in other communities and can work to implement solutions sooner rather than later.
We can better protect Lakewood by:
- Putting more first responders on the streets, including mental health professionals, code enforcement and police officers.
- Compensating our Police and Public Safety Officers with a package designed to recruit and retain the best and brightest.
- Continuing to partner with the county in supporting diversion programs, mobile court and Porchlight Family Center.
- Expanding our Community Action Team, a city-sponsored co-responder program such as STAR (Support Team Assisted Response).
- Increasing citizen outreach by reinstating once successful programs such as Cops, Community and Council and the Citizen Police Academy and continuing to sponsor National Night Out and SRO (School Resource Officer) programs.